Improve Reproductive Health
Acupuncture and Herbal Formulas can help with infertility issues and improve reproductive health:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Hormonal Regulation
- Improves ovarian blood flow – increases ovarian response
- Improve ovarian function – more follicles, better egg quality
- Strengthens the immune system – overall health & well-being
- Increases blood flow to the uterus – improving endometrial lining
- Enhance the chances of successful implantation.
- Improves sperm counts, motility and morphology
- Lessens side effects from hormonal treatments
- Prevent miscarriage
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Stimulate endorphins
Acupuncture, frequently combined with herbal medicine, has been used for centuries to treat infertility for both men and women. Some of the potential effects from treatments include improved ovarian and follicular function. Additionally, acupuncture can increase blood flow to the endometrium, helping to facilitate a thick, rich lining of the uterus.
In general, studies seem to indicate that doing acupuncture about 30 minutes before and after in vitro fertilization can increase the chance that the embryo will be implanted successfully and reduce the chance of miscarriage. Acupuncture has been shown to increase IVF success by 40-60%.There are also indications that the effectiveness of the IVF drugs and procedure may improve if acupuncture is done about once a week in the month or two leading up to the start of IVF and then continued regularly — once or twice a week — during the whole cycle.